This morning I achieved something to be proud of . . . The Best “Cakes” ever. At least according to Ryan. Here is the recipe if anyone else wishes to one day achieve Best Cakes Ever status. I will also loan you Ryan to declare that you have achieved Best Cakes status.
Again, please be sure to include thick-cut bacon in the future, as, according to Ryan, bacon will put you over the top.
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a cast iron skillet (we have a small one, so I had to make two cakes – I got half of one, Ryan got the rest –he is spoiled) melt butter and sauté apples, sugar, and cinnamon (about 4 minutes)
- In a bowl, whisk egg and whisk in flour, salt, and milk.
- Turn off heat, and pour egg, flour, and milk mixture over apples
- Bake about 20 minutes (pancake will be puffed and golden brown)
- Enjoy! – We served ours with powdered sugar, but I am sure sugar would be delicious.
And a picture, just to persuade you to try it . . . fresh out of the oven. Come on, you know you want to try it!