We came, we ate, we conquered.
Well, some of us conquered and some of us were conquered. Ryan was temporarily defeated by the food extravaganza and was left unable to move from the table due to overeating for a short period, but he has come back to life.
Here is what I ended up serving:
- Frito Pie
- Chili Over Mashed Potatoes
- Chili Over Baked French Fries
- Chili Over Homemade Noodles
- Bacon Wrapped Chili Corn Muffins
I believe Ryan had at least two servings of everything, except the muffin. He was so full after eating that he asked me to get his office chair so I could wheel him into the other room. Seriously?!?!?
It took Murphy about one minute to figure that Ryan only had clean plates and NO food. He then moved on to his next target. Murphy was on quite the finding food adventure. First he begged Ryan for food. When he realized Ryan had no food, he moved on and “borrowed” my dad’s bread when he wasn’t paying attention. Then he moved on to my mom – his partner in eating crime. She had the corn muffin, he had the bacon wrapping on the corn muffin. Murphy is now passed out in delirious eating happiness.
Here is the plate of everything –
Needless to say, we did not eat any dessert tonight, which as you will see our guest-rater downgraded me for (IN TWO RATING CATEGORIES – SERIOUSLY!!!!). To that, I say malarky. Ryan informs me that he is going to have ice cream later (hopefully not with chili on it, that would be gross).
And now for Ana, our guest-raters rating.
This is without the Packers win bonus points.
- Deliciousness – 14 out of 20 (the first downgrade for the lack of dessert)
- Authenticity – 10 out of 10
- Complementary Items – 8 out of 10 (the second downgrade for the lack of dessert)
- Presentation – 4 out of 5
- Quantity – 5 out of 5
- Bonus – 1 out of 4
- Total – 8.4 out of 10 (Seriously, all because I didn’t have dessert???? Ugh!)
And, Ryan’s rating.
- Deliciousness – 18 out of 20
- Authenticity – 9.75 out of 10
- Complementary Items – 10 out of 10
- Presentation – 5 out of 5
- Quantity – 5 out of 5 (He referred to the meal as Texas sized, and he is now unsure if he can carry on with the October Chili Challenge – What a Wuss!)
- Bonus – 1 out of 4
- Total – 9.75 out of 10
Ana has since been informed that she is welcome back for eating, but she is no longer invited to serve as a rater.
Ryan and Murphy have yet to fully recover form the overeating. Hopefully by tomorrow.