I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by benleeirene.
I am extremely flattered, especially because when I first started writing this blog, my only readers were Ryan and Murphy (and only because I read it out loud to them). Also, every time I get a new follower I announce to Ryan, “HOLEY MAJOLEY” I now have ten followers, two of which are not you and I.” In fact, I literally just had a new follower. And yes, I announced it AGAIN. In case you are wondering, Ryan is an extremely patient person. He tolerates my crazy beautifully.
So, I guess these are the rules:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Nominate 15 bloggers
- Share 7 facts about yourself
Fifteen Blogs that Inspire Me:
As you probably guessed my blog is all about my dog, my honey, and good food. That may explain why the list below is mostly dogs and food. Sorry, Ryan, you got left of this one. But that is probably a good thing. It would be quite strange in fact if someone else was blogging about you.
First, some food . . .
- Runs on Noms – Someone who is healthy and loves good food! I don’t balance my eating with running anymore, but I do try and balance it with biking. Our longest ride this year was a 27-miler! We will be training in the basement this winter on the bike-trainers. That should confuse Murphy plenty!
- Make Mine Asparagus – I am not gluten free, but I am trying to reduce the amount of gluten we eat, especially in processed foods. Plus I am dying to make this BBQ Pork.
Shall we combine the two . . . Oh the horror, of course we are not eating dogs, just blogging about both . . .
- My Sous Chef is a Dog – Why? Because My sous chef is a dog too!
How about just the dogs now
- Peace, Love & Fostering – I am a sucker for cute dogs, what can I say!
- Grimm’s Furry Tail – Yup, still a sucker for cute dogs.
- And Foster Makes Five – All the dog adorableness just keeps on coming.
- Cricket’s Place – More cuteness.
- Love and a Six-Foot Leash – Finally, a dog that “talks” more than Murphy!
More food . . .
- South By Southeast – The recipes are usually something that (1) looks delicious and (2) is something I haven’t tried before. Exactly, what I am looking for! Next time I make cinnamon rolls, I am going to try this recipe in fact.
- Small Kitchen Chronicles – Have you seen the pictures? The food look delicious.
- Beyond the Green Door – More delicious food!
- Meat in a Box – Awesome concept. Way more adventurous than I am. I am trying more new foods, but I like to have some control over my starting point.
- SweetCraving – This cake has been on my “to-make” list since I started blogging. It WILL get made!
- In a Small Kitchen – Yummm!
- Uni Homemaker – Delicious looking food and more food I haven’t tried before. Great inspiration!
Just the Facts Jack:
- On the weekends, I always attempt to wear unmatching socks. It helps me remember that I am still a kid on the inside.
- I recently took up knitting. Murphy is not a fan. He first thought the yarn was a new toy, and was quite sad when I took it away. He has since learned to detest the yarn because it interferes with his cuddling potential.
- I love cooking. But not as much as I love Ryan and Murphy.
- I have a bazillion nicknames. Most of which are self-proclaimed.
- Ryan and I met on Halloween.
- He was dressed as a priest, and I was dressed as “electrocuted.”
- We will be celebrating our three-year anniversary at the end of the month – yay!