I.e., Tater Tot Wonderland.
I make no promises that this recipe is healthy (in fact, I will most definitely not be posting nutritional information) but it is delicious.
- Olive Oil
- One Medium Onion
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 2-3 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flake
- 1.5 Pound Ground Beef (I used lean ground beef – 93/7 – because that was what was on sale at the grocery store)
- 1 Wisconsin Beer (I used Lakefront)
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2-3 Tablespoons Chopped Giardiniera
- 2 Ounces Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 2 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Jack
- 1/2 Pound Cooked Bacon Crumbled
- 1 Bag Frozen Mixed Veggies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Saute onion until translucent (about ten minutes) over medium-low heat
- Add garlic and whatever seasonings you like (I added black pepper and red pepper flakes). Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add half the beer and cook until liquid is mostly gone.
- In a small bowl mix together remaining beer, giardiniera, cream of mushroom, and cream of chicken soup.
- Lay yummy goodness in a casserole dish – meat, cream cheese mixture, frozen veggies, cheese, bacon, and then tater tots (I sprinkled a little of the cheese and bacon on top to make it look pretty).
- Cover with tinfoil and back for at least 60 minutes – mine wasn’t warm enough so I turned the oven temperature up to 375 and cooked it for another 20 minutes.
Ryan FINALLY returned home from yet another man weekend. Have a mentioned that since we got engaged he has been out of town on “manweekend” every weekend except for two, AND he is going out of town yet again next weekend for another “manweekend.” I cook for him on football days, and that still isn’t good enough. Ugh.
Well, I have decided that I must exact my revenge. I girl cannot be left alone too long before she insists on causing some trouble. I am starting my revenge, by sharing this lovely picture of Ryan “cooking,” i.e. cutting onions. Yes, this is how we cut onions in our house. Do, I wear the glasses? But of course, but due to my super picture avoiding ninja skills, you will never find a photo of me in such a compromising position.
Murphy says, “Mom, what is going on???? Dad looks like a wierdo”