Murphy and Ryan love “cakes” for breakfast, and it is definitely a better alternative than mulch for breakfast.
I am also discovering that pancakes for breakfast, will make your husband do anything. I think they have some sort of magic mind control powers. Since breakfast, Ryan has cleaned the entire kitchen, is now vacuuming the entire downstairs, and plans to give Murphy a bath later (shhhhh, don’t tell Murphy).
If you would like your husband to turn into a super husband, here is my favorite recipe for buttermilk pancakes (adapted from here):
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Frozen blueberries (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon with a whisk.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk just until blended.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook over medium to medium/low heat (depends on the size of your burners) until golden brown on each side. If adding blueberries, add them right after you pour the batter on the pan/griddle.
- When finished cooking the humans’ cakes, make three small cakes for your spoiled dog.